Connor Beaton is the founder of ManTalks, a platform that guides men to better themselves through deep work, inspiring conversations, and connection to other men on the path. He is a father, a coach, and he is releasing his new book: Men’s Work – A Practical Guide To Face Your Darkness, End Self-Sabotage, And Find Freedom.
In this episode we dive into one of the topics in his book, The Shadow Of The Father.
We also discuss:
- -Leading yourself through darkness.
- -The overly domesticated soft man.
- -The archetype of The Father.
- -The absent father and it’s effects on young men.
- -Repeating vs. opposing cycles of fathers.
- -The importance of awareness and confession.
- -Learning how to father yourself.
- -Coping mechanisms in childhood and how they affect you as an adult.
- -Asking: What is the truth about the relationship with your father?
- -Grief and pain need to be witnessed.
- -Healing the relationship to men and the masculine.
- -Individualistic vs. community healing.
- -Suppression is not a strength.
- -Infidelity and porn.
- -Using porn to regulate your nervous system.
- -Assessing your personal relationship to porn?
- -Men’s groups and the value of accountability.
Links from this episode:
- Connor’s Website
- Connor’s Instagram
- Connor’s Youtube
- Connor’s Twitter
- Connor’s Book “Man Talks”
- Ben’s Conscious Relationship Council
- “The Work” documentary